Bible Verse of the Day

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy

One of my favorite prayers is The Chaplet of the Divine Mercy. I got hold of a booklet on the Life and the very marvelous story and life of St. Faustina Kowalska and on the promises of the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy when I was young, around high school. I just followed the directions written in the booklet and prayed hoping what I did was the right way of saying the Chaplet. In fact, during that time, when I want to be artistic on saying the Chaplet, I sang it (like a Gregorian Chant of some sort), still hoping that it was how it was sang. I watched one episode on EWTN, the whole community praying and singing the Chaplet. I was amazed, without exageration, that the way they sang it was how the way I sang it! (my prayer was heard!) from that day forward I am proud to say that I am a devotee of the Chaplet and I am constatly reciting the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy

I want to share with you on how it is recited:
This is done using the regular rosary beads.



1. Begin with the Sign of the Cross, 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary and The Apostles Creed.
2. Then on the Our Father Beads say the following:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
3. On the 10 Hail Mary Beads say the following:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
(Repeat step 2 and 3 for all five decades).
4. Conclude with (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world. Amen
************************* Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in You! *********************************

No comments: